Am I the Right Age for Cosmetic Injectables?
Posted May 16, 2022 in Injectables
3 Minute Read:
Many younger people are starting to take their skin seriously, and some are opting for “pre-juvenation” treatments by using injectables to help prevent lines and wrinkles before they have a chance to form.
This approach to staying a few steps ahead of the aging process can work well to delay it.
On the other hand, many older men and women are considering their cosmetic rejuvenation options and may want to try a non-surgical approach to looking younger.
Cosmetic Injectables in a Nutshell
The following injectables are each designed to address different cosmetic concerns:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic – This injectable neuromodulator can significantly reduce or eliminate dynamic lines caused by repeated muscle contractions. These lines and wrinkles can be found on the forehead, between the eyebrows, at the corners of the eyes, and around the mouth.
- JUVÉDERM® filler – This injectable dermal filler uses a hyaluronic acid formula to smooth out static (surface) wrinkles and add volume.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC – This injectable dermal filler adds instant volume to your cheeks to treat age-related volume loss.
- KYBELLA® – This is a unique injectable in that it doesn’t treat signs of aging as much as it can smooth out the contour of the neck by breaking down the fat cells.
Best Injectables for Younger Individuals
While many individuals turn to injectables to address aging signs, many younger patients benefit from the following:
For those concerned with submental fullness (a double chin), KYBELLA® can break down fat in this area at any age, and the results are permanent. This doesn’t mean that future weight gain won’t affect the neck and chin, but the existing excess fat will be eliminated.
While dermal fillers can restore age-related volume loss, it can also create fullness in areas that never had it. Many women choose dermal fillers like JUVÉDERM® to increase fullness in the lips and cheeks.
Dynamic lines and wrinkles can appear early, and studies are currently underway to determine the validity of claims that by treating the areas where these wrinkles commonly appear with BOTOX® Cosmetic right away, the muscles responsible can be retrained.
Some of these claims include the following:
- Slows down collagen loss – Starting at 20 years old, we begin losing collagen, which ultimately leads to skin laxity. Some doctors and scientists believe that starting BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment earlier in adulthood can slow this process and delay some signs of aging.
- Slows down the development of wrinkles – Muscle contractions cause dynamic lines and wrinkles. BOTOX® Cosmetic treatments prevent muscles in your face from contracting. One theory is that these deep lines may not develop in individuals who start using BOTOX® Cosmetic early.
- Longer lasting results – Younger men and women can sometimes expect longer-lasting results from BOTOX® Cosmetic since the muscle contractions that cause dynamic wrinkles have not yet been fully trained to contract automatically. The belief is that by starting this treatment early, you will need fewer sessions throughout your life.
Best Injectables to Treat Signs of Aging
Injectables have the ability to treat many signs of aging and can be used together for complete facial rejuvenation.
If you have always had submental fullness or have developed pockets of fat under the chin, KYBELLA® treats this in both younger and older patients.
Cosmetic Injectables in Fresno, CA
Aspire MediSpa is associated with the Valley Institute of Plastic Surgery, and our cosmetic treatments are approved by the well-respected plastic surgeon Dr. Mark Chin.
If you are interested in learning more about any of our services, including cosmetic injectables, scroll down to contact us or call our Fresno Medispa today!