Ready to Treat Your Spider Veins With Vbeam® Perfecta?
Posted July 15, 2022 in Laser Treatments, Spider Veins
3 Minute Read:
Spider and varicose veins can be distressing cosmetically and physically. Most common on the legs of adults over the age of 30, these unsightly veins tend to develop on women more than men, and when they do appear on men, the leg hair usually conceals them.
What Are Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins are large swollen veins that often appear on the legs. They are typically purple, red, or blue and bulge above the skin’s surface.
Spider veins are smaller varicose veins that may stay flush with the skin and not protrude. These veins often appear in clusters — like a spider’s web — giving them their rather eerie name.
Spider veins and varicose veins often cause no problems besides their appearance. However, some people may experience troublesome symptoms.
These may include:
What Causes Spider Veins and Varicose Veins?
Spider and varicose veins are caused by a structural abnormality in the valves of veins. As these valves become defective and allow for a backflow of blood, pooling occurs.
This results in a weakened blood vessel and increased pressure.
Older Spider Vein Treatments
Before technology allowed for modern spider and varicose vein treatment, women and men tried a variety of remedies.
Those with varicose or spider veins should avoid sitting or standing for long periods of time and elevate their legs to improve circulation.
The following traditional treatments are still used today in some cases.
- Support (compression) stockings increase the pressure in the legs to improve circulation.
- Lifestyle changes, including regular exercise and weight loss, can help prevent and relieve the symptoms of varicose veins but are not effective in all cases.
- Sclerotherapy is used in more severe cases. This treatment involves the doctor injecting a solution into the affected vein, which is designed to cause the vein to collapse and fade away. Repeated sessions may be needed for ideal results.
- Varicose vein surgery is another option for severe cases of varicose veins and entails cutting and removing the affected vein.
- Laser therapy is mainly used to treat spider veins and very small varicose veins. This technique uses a focused beam of light to obliterate the vein blood vessel, which then fades. Several sessions are generally needed.
Advanced Spider and Varicose Vein Treatment
Intense pulsed light (IPL) therapy is a more advanced treatment for spider veins that targets the affected areas and delivers intense pulses of different light bands.
Vbeam Perfecta® has proven itself a highly effective, non-invasive treatment for varicose and spider veins.
Vbeam Perfecta® Pulsed Dye Laser
Treatment with Vbeam® laser therapy is a painless, more effective method of spider vein treatment and requires no downtime.
What to Expect During Vbeam Perfecta® Treatment
The Vbeam® laser device delivers well-controlled laser energy to the targeted treatment areas during this treatment.
You may experience a warm or tingly sensation as the Vbeam® laser provides intense but gentle bursts of light that destroy the affected blood vessels without affecting the surrounding tissue.
When Will I See Vbeam Perfecta® Results?
Most patients will notice an immediate improvement after just one treatment, although your results and their longevity will depend on the severity of your condition, the types of veins treated, and your lifestyle. While one treatment may be sufficient for some patients, others will require at least one additional session.
Fresno IPL With Vbeam Perfecta®
Aspire MediSpa provides Vbeam Perfecta® IPL Treatments in Fresno for individuals who are ready to rid themselves of their varicose veins or spider veins and stop covering them up.
Scroll down to contact us, or call us today to schedule a consultation!